Employer: B & F Contracting, Inc.
Position Location: Phoenix, Arizona
Position: Associate Project Manager / Project Manager
1. Perform engineering duties in planning, designing, and overseeing construction and maintenance of building structures, and facilities
2. Visit client sites as needed to clarify scope of work, understand plans and specifications, prepare cost estimates, and contribute to management of the project including permitting process.
3. Plan, organize, direct, control, and evaluate construction projects from start to finish according to schedule, specifications, budget, and quality to meet the client’s expectations.
4. Prepare and submit project budget estimate and track the cost as project progresses.
5. Plan and prepare construction schedules, milestones and monitor progress.
6. Prepare contracts, change orders, Time & Material billing packages, Pay Application and track any additional cost associated with the project and negotiate revisions and pricing with the owner, consultants, and the Engineers.
7. Understanding of Activity Documentation: Emails, Photos, Meeting Minutes, Notes; and write RFI’s, submittals, RFQ’s, letter of intent, purchase orders, etc. as required for the project.
8. Manage as-builts, project close-out requirements, warranties, or any other job specific requirements per the contract specifications.
9. Travel: Travel to construction sites as needed within Arizona.
Salary: Available upon request
Work Schedule: 40 hours/week
Education Requirements: Master’s Degree in Civil Engineering, Construction Engineering and Management, or closely related.
Experience Requirements: 2 years of experience in job offered, Field Engineer, Project Engineer, or closely related.
Special skills requirements:
1. Write RFI’s, submittals, meeting minutes, and assist in budget forecasting.
2. Monitor the equipment usage and review the daily and weekly quantities and maintain accurate quantity logs.
3. Assist in drafting contracts, change orders, subcontractor change agreements, and purchase order agreements as needed to procure material and subcontractors to perform scope of work as per the drawings and specifications
4. Maintain as-built drawings. Compile close-out requirements, including operation and maintenance manuals, warranties, and other job-specific items required by the specifications.
5. Collaborate on supervising the subcontractors and crew members according to the contract, project plans and specifications
6. Assist in writing effective proposals, project specific work plans, haul plans, erosion control plans, safety plans, quality control plans and monitor cost and quality throughout the project.
7. Assist in preparing project schedule by studying project plans, specifications and calculating time requirements, and sequencing project elements.
8. Draft master contracts, purchase order agreements, and change orders.
9. Assist the Project Manager with monthly forecasting by maintaining quantity logs and daily costs.
Qualified applicants send cover letter and resumes to: B&F Contracting, Inc., Matt Wright, CFO, firstname.lastname@example.org, ref job#AS01. EOE.